Our a client is a leading consumer finance and retail organisation. They have recently been the subject of a private equity backed management buyout and are primed to grow significantly in the next three years.
This is an opportunity for an experienced commercial and analytical Chief Financial Officer with an evidenced track record, to join a team focused on growing the business not only in terms of sales and profitability but also in terms of operations via the use of enhanced technologies. The ideal CFO candidate will be capable of contributing both to the growth and strategic development of the business and will have a high level of interaction with the business’s shareholder. The finance function will deliver a platform for growth ensuring that the necessary systems, processes and controls are in place. In addition the CFO will be responsible for the continued diligent cash management of the business and bringing strong analytical disciplines to the business.
- Develop the finance function into a centre of business intelligence which, as well as providing timely, accurate and well presented financial information can also provide relevant KPI data, insight and strategic direction allowing the business to make more informed decisions.
- Create a robust, influential, business Intelligence function that harnesses existing data generated from the business to improve commercial awareness, operational efficiency, forecasting, business planning and Audit & Risk function.
- Managing the IT department, you will work with partners on major technology developments and have an excellent understanding of how to develop the internal/external user experience as a differentiator
Skills and Experiences:
- Experience of operating in Private Equity backed businesses or in a business that has a leveraged financial structure would be desirable along with refinancing experience.
- Strategic thinker with strong execution skills and the ability to see broad issues affecting the future of the company.
- Proven track record of significantly improving the quality of financial management within a business.
- Experience in high service level financial services, retail, business or consumer services sectors.
- A first class leader who motivates and energises. A clear decision maker who can lead and drive change.
- You are a clear and independent thinker, logical, analytical and structured in your approach to all business issues and development opportunities.
- Pragmatic and commercially astute you will be able to deliver Company and Investor objectives in a highly competitive, supplier dominated, intermediary environment.